We Know the Tools of the Trade
The alphabet soup of security and privacy regulatory compliance groups and their ever changing list of controls is challenging to navigate. As the constant newsfeed barrage of compromised major corporations and government agencies has made perfectly clear, there is no such thing as 100% protection in security. At ITque we are a firm believer in the Zero Trust approach to security. We also know that a Zero Trust approach for an established business is not a small task and often leads down a very expensive path. We are here to tell you, it does not have to be this way.
Whether we are talking about HIPPA, PCI-DSS, GDPR, CCPA, NIST/CMMC, ISO or SOC there are a general set of rules, commonly called “controls”, that are universal. The controls specific to individual compliance requirements are equally important and generally do not overlap. Picking the right tools is the trick. There is overlap between products and solutions that often work together, however there are also solutions that only apply to a specific compliance. We will help you pick the right tools, with the right amount of overlap and at the right price.
We Make Compliance Make Sense
Don’t start searching the web for “Best Practices”. It’s a bit like doing an internet search for medical symptoms, an hour into it and you will have self-diagnosed several insidious diseases that you clearly have based on the symptoms. The internet said so, right? In a similar way, there is a mountain of information out there regarding security compliance, from legitimate sources, that can and will lead you astray. Not necessarily because they are wrong or lying but because of the very nature of the internet itself and how ad revenue works. They need as many people as possible to click their links and consume their content. This leads to better ad placement and referral linking from product and solution vendors. So they are fundamentally encouraged by the nature of the internet to create as much new content as possible. You have no doubt experienced this countless times everywhere across the internet.
Addressing compliance concerns is more straight forward than it might appear. Here is how we do it:
- Perform an internal audit and create the baseline status.
- Interview Owners, Executives, Managers and employees.
- Create a Gap Analysis to discuss what needs to be protected based on the results of the Audit and Interviews.
- Work with Owners and Executives to create and agree on a Plan of Action framework with Milestones.
- Agree on products, solutions and company policies/procedures documentation to deploy to address the gaps.
- Deploy Products/Solutions, Train Staff and provide ONGOING management.
- Perform ONGOING quarterly reviews and generate required reports and attestation documents to STAY compliant.